Monday 18 July 2016

This has been an emotional week! And it started in the Gorges du
Diable!!! Our DMP in in Salève took us on this super cool hike into a
cave! It was sooo fun! That evening we went to visit the Gaud family
with the elders and had an awesome time. They have 3 boys at home and
we played with them until dinner and then gave a spiritual thought
about the blessings of serving a mission. The spirit was very strong
and their 15 year old son was super excited about going on a mission!
It was great.

Wednesday we did service with our Annemasse DMP, Fr. Herr. Haha Fr.
Hess is the coolest guy around. He owns this super old house but they
need to renovate it so him, his wife, and his 2 daughters have been
living in a trailer outside of their house for 2 years. Fr. Herr is a
total hippie and we legit went into the forest and picked plants that
we used in the meal haha.

Friday was a very emotional day! We were on our way to Lyon for zone
conference when we found out about the attack in Nice. We didn't know
much until the conference started and President Brown informed us of
the details. I honestly don't have any explanation for what happened.
One thing that I feel like we all need to remember is that that act
didn't come from God. It was God that decided that that would happen
and he didn't play any role in the awful events that happened. But God
was everywhere that evening. He was with the people who for some
reason walked off the main path seconds before the truck drove by
because they had a rock in their shoe. He was with the people who
reached out to save others at the risk of their own lives. And of
course He is with those who are now reaching out to help those
families that are suffering.

This week I've also been very grateful for the Atonement. The Saviour
will come with "healing in his wings." A huge part of the Atonement is
the fact that the Saviour is able to heal our souls. I know that He
has been close to those who have lost someone this week and He will
continue to put people in their path that need His love, even if they
don't know it's Him ;)

Friday was also... MY LAST ZONE CONFERENCE! That as well was very
emotional. One thing we do in our mission is "departing testimonies"
So all the missionaries who are finishing their missions bear their
testimonies. All week I was trying to figure out what to say and I was
getting no where! Finally I got up there and I decided to simply bear
testimony of the Saviour. I think it was more for me then for others.
I think I needed that time to truly testify my Saviour and to feel my
love for Him and His love for me.

I LOVE being a missionary and I love my Saviour. I LOVE the French
people and they will forever be in my heart. I know that this gospel
gives us every reason to hope. We have amazing blessings ahead of us
and I promise if anyone ever lacks hope talk to the missionaries! They
have a plan to tell you about that will give you more hope than you
can imagine!

Je vous aime!
Sœur Kearney

Les Gorges du Diable!




So we had steaks at the Gaud's house and I was struggling to cut the steak so they gave me a couple different knife options that might be better haha

A French cow! 

Service!

The Coppel Family! 

Canadians!

Soeur Fagg! 

Soeur Roldan

Soeur Bright! 

Soeur Brouillet! 

SOEUR BROWN!

Haha the youngest Gaud, Charles made this craft at school and we thought it was adorable.

Finding day in Geneva. Half of the Geneva zone! 

Dinner at the Herr's 
Shannon sang in church

Click to see the YouTube video.

No comments:

Post a Comment